You can use the following web-based resources to find out more about how you can help yourself.
- The website contains information about your legal rights, and other self-help legal resources.
- The Massachusetts Court System has a number of useful documents online in the Self Help Center that will help you understand civil law, the court system, and how to prepare for going to court. You can also access a variety of court forms.
- The Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries has information about Masschusetts law. You can also chat live online with a law librarian.
To be eligible for free legal assistance from CLA, generally you must:
- Be low-income, or aged 60 or older;
- Live in central or western Massachusetts;
- Have a civil (non-criminal) legal issue relating to one of the areas of law listed on the left.